Sometimes discouraged, hurting people in ministry feel like they have no one to talk to and are unsure of whom they can trust. As a veteran ministry couple, Carey and Rynette are called to bless pastors and their wives, missionaries, and chaplains with a safe, caring, relational environment in which to offload their burdens and share their discouragement and pain. Times together will not be programmatic or educational in nature. Rather, the Olsons will focus on fellowship, listening, looking into and applying the Scriptures, and Biblical (not psychological) counseling.
Our ministries include:
- In person meetings for those within reasonable driving distance
- Meetings via a video call
- In some situations, Carey and Rynette may travel to bring Elijah’s Tree to those desiring their ministry.
- When pastors, missionaries or chaplains are aware of peers in their area who would like to receive Elijah’s Tree’s ministry, Carey and Rynette may travel to them and minister to several individuals or couples, perhaps over the span of a week or two.
- Retreats with Carey and Rynette for “intensive care” near their home in Freeport, FL. Those coming for these retreats will bear expenses for their travel, housing, and most meals.
Carey is available to provide pulpit supply in local churches, confer with church leaders, and speak at conferences, seminars, retreats, pastors’ fellowships, and denominational gatherings.
Elijah’s Tree exists to provide God-centered, Christ-magnifying, Scripture-saturated, confidential, and accessible shepherding and spiritual refreshment for discouraged, burned out, wounded and hurting pastors, pastoral couples, chaplains, and missionaries.
Elijah’s Tree’s vision is to provide confidential, personal shepherding through listening, saturation in God’s Word, extended times of prayer, and fellowship, trusting the Lord to bring refreshment, encouragement, healing and renewed joy in Him. Our emphases will be on themes such as these:
- God’s glory and His character, attributes and promises (Psalm 29:1; Psalm 96; Isaiah 48:11; 1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Jesus Christ, our Good Shepherd (John 10:11; Isaiah 61:1)
- Prayer and intercession (Ephesians 6:18; James 5:13-18)
- Equipment and reinforcement for spiritual battling (Ephesians 6:10-20)
- Delight in God (Psalm 37:4)
FEES FOR SERVICES
There are no fees associated with Elijah’s Tree’s ministry services. However, donations are welcome and greatly appreciated.
Elijah’s Tree is located in Freeport, FL, near the beautiful beach communities of Destin and Santa Rosa Beach in northwest Florida.